Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Getting to know some knitters, part 1



When I went to the SC Knitting Guild's Knit Inn 2011, not only did I get to see my pal Becky and her very funny Dr. Who-loving friend Lisa, I also got to meet many interesting new people. I said yesterday that knitters were a good group--I'd like to introduce you to a few of them over the next couple of days, in no particular order...

Mimi (I know her as Michelle) and her friend Flo were among the knitters who were so sweet to me when my friend Becky was MIA on Friday night. They were so lovely in fact that I spent the rest of the weekend touching base with them because if I could have, I'd have packed them in my suitcase and taken them home. When I gave them an official standing invitation to Monday Morning Knitters, they reacted as though I'd suggested the funnest thing they'd heard of in ages. It's a bit of a drive from Hilton Head, much less Ohio, but I hope they know that if they ever do pop in, they will be welcomed with open arms.

Mimi has some mad sewing and embroidery skills and has a great Etsy site with creative gifts for all ages (pictured above: personalized knitter's pillow case). During the weekend, she and Flo were seen sporting the custom Knitting Guild t-shirts that she also sells. Two words: TOO CUTE! Much like Michelle and Flo, in fact.



No comments:

Post a Comment