Tuesday, February 08, 2011

It's a Small World, After All

I just love knitters. I've met them online, in person, and blogged about them without having met them. I'm sure there are other hobbies that have super nice people (the quilters I know are pretty awesome, for example) but my hobby is knitting and I have met so few super nice knitters that I'm calling it a trend. ***Correction: This was supposed to read: ...I have met so few knitters who were not super nice... Duh. Note to self--don't post to blog too early in the morning!!***

Just yesterday, for example, who should show up at my Monday Morning Knitters Group, but the mom who inspired me to take my knitting everywhere. And in a typical burst of tactlessness disguised as comedy, when I met her I said, "You inspired a blog post! Because you were knitting during that class at the museum and I wasn't!"

To her credit, she stayed anyway.

When I said in the post that I thought she must be a "kind, generous, lovely person," I was close. She is an extremely kind, generous, lovely person, and I was so glad to meet her and knit with her yesterday. I hope I didn't scare her off, because she was such a nice addition to our little group.

I had to wonder, too, if I write about other knitters, will the universe send them to me? Hmm...I can certainly think of a few I'd like to see walk through the doors of Atlanta Bread some Monday, knitting bag in hand. Why? Because knitters are just that nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment