Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cast-On Day!


Today I will be casting on to participate in a KAL for the Cold Mountain stole pattern.  I'm excited for a number of reasons, among them:

1) My daughter picked out the pattern because she wanted to tackle a "big lace something."
2) When I suggested she might want to make it a KAL (peer pressure done right), she did.
3) Do I need to mention that I like knitting with this kid?
4) Some of you may remember the Lace Prom Shrug Fiasco of '12. It's nice to have a fresh start.
5) Starting a shiny new project is fun. Period!
6) Starting a Knit-A-Long is even more fun!

So, if you're game, join us.  More details can be found here. Also, here are some tips on reading knitting charts.  By the time we are through knitting this lovely shawl, we should be expert chart readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment