Monday, October 03, 2011

...and now for something completely different!

One of my favorite things about knitting is meeting new people, finding out what they like to knit, how they learned and what else they do when they aren't knitting. Take Becca for example...I first met her at the World Wide Knit in Public Day at the Charleston Museum in June (she was knitting an adorable giraffe) and since then our paths have crossed several times, much to my satisfaction.

The last time I saw her, at the Big Yarn Sale, I noticed the cool spider pin she was wearing and she told me that this was part of what she does when she's not knitting...and there just happened to be a class on October 28th where one could learn to make a spider brooch of his or her own! I admit that glass working is one of those things that I've never done but have always been fascinated by, so I checked out the Blue Heron Glass website. Seriously, ya gotta love a list of classes that insists that you wear close-toed shoes! This may even cure my craving to learn to weld!

Go to the Schedule of Classes and scroll down to Spiders on the Loose to find out more about the pin workshop, plus there are other things you could learn like stained glass or glass bead making and even slumping. I don't know what that is but it sounds like fun! They also have a Ladies Night Out party--a refreshingly different choice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment