Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Flowertown Knitting Guild

Do I look a little overwhelmed?
Sunday, January 13 was a big day for me.  A dream that had become a goal became a reality.

Twenty (!) knitters showed up (technically one was a crocheter, but she was so nice we let her stay) for the initial organizational meeting of the Flowertown Knitting Guild. I knew this thing would come together one day and I felt sure a couple of people would show up for this meeting and we could grow from there.  I'm OK with starting off small and patiently working to build something. 

What happened Sunday was way beyond what I expected.  The numbers alone staggered me (20!!), so when everyone was:
a) eager
b) supportive
c) offering to help
d) accepting offices
e) taking notes
f) sharing ideas
g) promising to come back

well, let's just call it gobsmacked until we come up with a suitable American word!

Awesome group of knitters, banding together to form a GUILD!

In no time at all we had board members and folks working on membership and website and Ravelry presence and ideas for future meetings.  This amazing group of women knocked my socks off with their willingness and excitement--beyond anything I could have dreamed up.

I can't wait for February!

Happy Face--a guild!!

1 comment:

  1. Please keep me posted (or I can check in here:-). I am interested in learning more about the Knitting Guild and hope to join!

    ReplyDelete