Monday, December 12, 2011

Ch-ch-changes...

As we approach the end of 2011, I look back and all I can say is, "What a year it has been!!" I have had the amazing privilege of teaching many classes and workshops this year, with still more being planned for 2012. I am grateful for the opportunities of the last 11 months and SO excited for what's in store in the future!

Highlights from this year...
* Hosted World Wide Knit in Public Day and two knitting workshops at The Charleston Museum.
* Began the Craft Yarn Council's Certified Knitting Instructor Program.
* Attended the SC Knitting Guild's Knit Inn.
* Taught a Sock Knitting Workshop.
* Began teaching Discover Knitting classes at Michael's.
* Hosted weekly Monday Morning Knit group.
* Sent 6 scarves to the Orphan Foundation of America's Red Scarf Project.
* Helped coordinate Two Huge Yarn Sales!

Coming up next year...
* Even more classes at Michael's.
* More workshops (and events!) at The Charleston Museum.
* Summer Sock Workshop.
* SC Knitting Guild's Knit Inn: Feb 3, 4, & 5.
* World Wide Knit in Public Day, June 9.
* Completion of Certified Knitting Instructor Program.

So what are these changes I mentioned? I'm glad you asked! Because of the steady increase in the number of classes and workshops, I will be making a change to Monday Morning Knitters.

Starting in 2012, Monday Morning Knitters will be held on First and Third Mondays. The location will also change to the Panera Bread near the Tanger Outlet Mall, 5070 International Blvd, Charleston, SC.

My hope is that our Monday group can continue despite my heavy schedule, so I'm counting on you all to continue to make it a success in the coming year! Come be a part of the exciting knit happenings as we carry on our quest to take over the world, one knitter at a time!



No comments:

Post a Comment